Haruna Chiroma received B.Tech., M.Sc., and Ph.D. in computer science from Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bayero University Kano and University of Malaya, respectively. He is an associate editor – IEEE Access, Q1, Impact Factor 4.09, USA – (ISI WoS/Scopus Indexed), associate Editor – Telecommunication, Computing, Electronic and Control Journal (TELKOMNIKA), Indonesia – (Scopus Indexed), Editorial board member – Recent advances in Computer Science and Communications, (Scopus Indexed). Editor - Edited Book "Advances on Computational Intelligence in Energy- The Applications of Nature-Inspired & Metaheuristic Algorithms in Energy"
(Scopus indexed) by Springer Berlin Heidelberg. His research interest includes: machine learning with emphasis on deep learning, nature inspired algorithms and their applications in internet of vehicles, self-driving vehicles, big data analytics, emerging cloud computing architecture, fake news and IoT. Also, as a teacher he has a special interest in technology enhanced learning. He has published over 100 academic articles relevant to his research interest in different venues including ISI WoS/Scopus indexed journals with impact factor including but not limited to Supercomputing (Springer), Applied Soft Computing (Elsevier), PLoS ONE, International Journal of Information Management (Elsevier), Applied Energy (Elsevier), Neural Computing and Applications (Springer) and IEEE Access. He is an invited reviewer for 18 ISI WoS indexed journals such as Applied Soft Computing (Elsevier), PLoS ONE, Applied Energy (Elsevier), Knowledge-Based System (Elsevier), Journal of the Operational Research Society (Springer), International Journal of Bio-inspired Computation (Inderscience), Neural Computing and Applications (Springer), etc. He has been a technical programme committee member for more than 20 international conferences, workshops and symposium. He was invited by QS world universities ranking in 2017, 2018 & 2019 to evaluate research strength of universities in computer science. Presently, chiroma is supervising 7 M.Sc. students and 2 Ph.Ds., He graduated 4 M.Sc. students at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Nigeria. Chiroma is an assistant professor at University of Hafr Al Batin, College of Computer Science and Engineering, Saudi Arabia. Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; +2347065393385; Skype: haruna.chiroma. URL: orcid.org/0000-0003-3446-4316.
ISI Web of Science Indexed Journals with Impact Factor
- Ezugwu, A. E., Shukla, A. K., Nath, R., Akinyelu, A. A., Agushaka, J. O., Chiroma, H., & Muhuri, P. K. (2021). Metaheuristics: a comprehensive overview and classification along with bibliometric analysis. Artificial Intelligence Review, 1-80. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication), Q1
- Adebowale, Q. R., Faruk, N., Adewole, K. S., Abdulkarim, A., Olawoyin, L. A., Oloyede, A. A., ... Chiroma, H. & Calafate, C. T. (2021). Application of Computational Intelligence Algorithms in Radio Propagation: A Systematic Review and Metadata Analysis. Mobile Information Systems, 2021. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication), Q2
- Faruk, N., Abdulkarim, A., Emmanuel, I., Folawiyo, Y. Y., Adewole, K. S., Mojeed, H. A., ... Chiroma, H. & Katibi, I. A. (2021). A comprehensive survey on low-cost ECG acquisition systems: Advances on design specifications, challenges and future direction. Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication), Q2
- Chiroma, H., Ezugwu, A. E., Jauro, F., Al-Garadi, M. A., Abdullahi, I. N., & Shuib, L. (2020). Early survey with bibliometric analysis on machine learning approaches in controlling COVID-19 outbreaks. PeerJ Computer Science, 6, e313. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication), Q1
- Muhammad, A. N., Aseere, A. M., Chiroma, H., Shah, H., Gital, A. Y., & Hashem, I. A. T. (2020). Deep learning application in smart cities: recent development, taxonomy, challenges and research prospects. Neural Computing and Applications, 1-37. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication), Q1
- Khan, A., Chiroma, H., Imran, M., Bangash, J. I., Asim, M., Hamza, M. F., & Aljuaid, H. (2020). Forecasting electricity consumption based on machine learning to improve performance: A case study for the organization of petroleum exporting countries (OPEC). Computers & Electrical Engineering, 86, 106737. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication), Impact Factor = 2.33, Q2.
- Rana, N., Latiff, M. S. A., Abdulhamid, S. I. M., & Chiroma, H. (2020). Whale optimization algorithm: a systematic review of contemporary applications, modifications and developments. Neural Computing and Applications, 1-33. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication), Q1
- Ezugwu, A. E. S., Agbaje, M. B., Aljojo, N., Els, R., Chiroma, H., & Abd Elaziz, M. (2020). A Comparative Performance Study of Hybrid Firefly Algorithms for Automatic Data Clustering. IEEE Access, 8, 121089-121118. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication), Q1
- Jauro, F., Chiroma, H., Gital, A. Y., Almutairi, M., Shafi’i, M. A., & Abawajy, J. H. (2020). Deep learning architectures in emerging cloud computing architectures: Recent development, challenges and next research trend. Applied Soft Computing, 96, 106582. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication), , Impact Factor = , Q1
- Bello, A. A., Chiroma, H., Gital, A. Y. U., Gabralla, L. A., Shafi’i, M. A., & Shuib, L. (2020). Machine learning algorithms for improving security on touch screen devices: a survey, challenges and new perspectives. Neural Computing and Applications, 1-28. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication), Impact Factor = 4.6, Q1.
- Gidado, U. M., Chiroma, H., Aljojo, N., Abubakar, S., Popoola, S. I., & Al-Garadi, M. A. (2020). A Survey on Deep Learning for Steering Angle Prediction in Autonomous Vehicles. IEEE Access, 8, 163797-163817. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited Publication), Impact Factor = , Q1.
source : http://www.hchiroma.site